things that made the last week excellent:
- the guy busking to people on southbank from the thames. seriously guys, that water could not smell good from that close. good weather will forever make us brits go insane.
- derren brown. so good. at one point he was about a metre away from me, it was all very exciting.
- the ‘tanks’ space of tate modern is fucking fantastic. seriously, seriously impressed with it, i’m sad it’s only open for however many weeks this summer.
- spending more on eating out than someone with my bank account should. totally worth it. almost got away with a free bottle of wine when the waitress accidentally put it through as £0.00, but she realised before we left the restaurant.
- posh by laura wade is one of the funniest and darkest and wonderful and kind of disturbing plays i’ve ever seen. also definitely wins the award for best line to close the first half.
- the olympic opening ceremony. as a massive danny boyle fan i feel vindicated as hell. surprise frank turner was a bonus
- speaking of, saw frank turner on the tube on saturday after visiting karl marx/douglas adam’s graves. as you do.